#30DaysofThanks, 30 Days of Thanks, Books, Bookstores, Creativity, Giving Thanks, Gratitude, Inner peace, Inspiration, Libraries, Life lessons, Literature, Living intentionally, Memories, Peace, Poetry, Poets, Reading, Seeking joy, Writing
I lived in books more than I lived anywhere else. ~Neil Gaiman
Truth: When I was a young girl, I had recurring nightmares about being caught inside a burning house and not escaping until I could figure out how to save my books. This revelation quite possibly tells you enough about me that I should stop writing now! Nevertheless, I persist in written expression of my deepest gratitude to all the authors of the literature I have read over my lifetime and for those I can hardly wait to read. Interwoven into thanksgiving for books, I am eternally grateful for the peace I feel every time I enter a library or bookstore. So much so, that I will forever seek out literary spots wherever life finds me and take a piece of their shelves home with me in eager anticipation of visiting the world of words set between the pages of each and every gift of a book.
Just for fun, here is a sampling of some of my favorite bookstores I have encountered in my travels and places I have lived:
- Brookline Booksmith, Brookline, MA: https://www.brooklinebooksmith.com/
- Mitchell’s Book Corner, Nantucket Island, MA: http://www.mitchellsbookcorner.com/
- Paragraphs Bookstore, Mt. Vernon, OH: https://paragraphsbookstore.indielite.org/
- The Book Loft of German Village, Columbus, OH: http://bookloft.com/
- The Book Nook & Java Shop, Montague, MI: http://www.thebooknookjavashop.com/
- The Kenyon College Bookstore, Gambier, OH: https://www.shopkenyon.com/
Please, leave a comment and tell me about your favorite bookshops!
Some books leave us free and some books make us free. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson